If you have recently placed your faith in Jesus Christ and you may be wondering what you should be doing now. Here are four very important steps to take next:
Find a church that teacher the Bible.
- Now that you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, we strongly encourage you to find a Bible-believing and Bible-teaching church in your area.
- It is also very important that believers in Jesus Christ fellowship with one another. It is in church where you can form godly friendships with other believers who can help you and encourage you in your new life in Christ.
- "Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another..." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Read the Bible yourself.
- The Bible is God's Word to us. Don't just rely on your church; get a daily dose of God's Word on your own, even if it is just a few verses to start with. Start with the books of the Bible that are written to those of us living in the church age: Romans - Philemon. Reading and understanding the Bible is key to living a successful and powerful Christian life.
- "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18
- Prayer is simply talking to God. Talk to God about your concerns and problems. Tell God how much you love Him and how much you appreciate all He does for you. Pray for others you know who need prayers or need Jesus in their lives. That is what prayer is all about. Pray every day.
- "Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Tell others about Jesus.
- When you get saved, it does not mean you have to give up all your friends who do not know the Lord Jesus as their Savior. Continue to love them, but simply let them know why Jesus has changed your life, and you cannot do all the same things you used to do. Ask God to give you opportunities to share Jesus with others.
- "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." Romans 1:16
As a Christian, you have an enemy. He is the devil, Satan. He wants to discourage and defeat you. Don't let him. rely on God's Holy Spirit that now dwells in you and realize the truth of God's Word that "greater is He that is in you (Jesus), than he that is in the world (Satan)! 1 John 4:4